Sunday 30 September 2012

Internship: Styling for Stuff magazine

IT'S OUT!!!


Hello everyone! I am so excited to share this post with you! This is the October issue I helped out stylist Charlotte Adsett with during some work experience. Charlotte contacted me through the girls at Boudoir PR passing on my details to her. I helped Charlotte out for a few days in the big city and managed to assist her  on this shoot for Stuff magazine on my final day. I have never done any sort of styling work before so was really exciting to get to know a different part of the fashion industry. If you don't know Charlotte she does a lot of celebrity styling with the likes of Pixie Lott and Kelly Brook and can also be found at Stylist Pick as an A list stylist. 

After meeting over a scrummy lunch at Leon's down Baker Street I went about taking back returns before heading to a Press evening at Little Mistress. It was a great chance for me to meet everyone from Eden Can Can who held the event, get to know the brand (which I admit, I had never heard of before), meet other stylists and munch on some scrummy canapes and sip champagne! For those who don't know Little Mistress, the brand is known for it's glamourous occassion wear. The brand is for day or night wear, but is ideal for the party scene. I would compare the brand to Lipsy due to its prom style dresses and sparkly detail. Little Mistress have worked with the likes of the The Only Way is Essex girls; Billie and Sam Faires from TOWIE  who have their own collection with the brand called 'Little Mistress by Minnies'.

My final day (the whole point of this post) was assisting this shoot for Stuff magazine. My duties included prepping the clothes Charlotte had called in: hanging, steaming and packing it all away and the end of the shoot. It was set in a location house which someone actually lives in but rents it out for photo shoots or  likewise. I was told Stuff are trying to take a more fashion forward approach to their shoots, this one was based around the theme of block colour. It was great to see it all come together and to learn the impact lighting makes due to this being the focal point of the shoot. The photographer was David Venni, HMU, Emma White Turle, Art Director Alex Fanning and the clothes were from a variety of brands including Lipsy, American Apparel, Marc Jacobs and more. The model was Bruna from Nevs who was incredibly gorgeous! Definitely made me feel frumpy.






We were treated to a yummy lunch and everyone was very friendly. I wasn't a huge contributor to this shoot but it was a fantastic opportunity to learn a lot about how it all comes together. I was so excited when I saw this issue in the shops and to be able to go I WAS THERE. I DID THAT! I IRONED THOSE CLOTHES!  Ha ha you may be laughing at me but it does mean so much seeing something you helped with in national press in national shops!



























What do you think of the shoot? Has anyone had any internship luck recently? Any features or work to share? We all have to celebrate our achievements and stick together!

Katie xxx
SHARE:

2 comments

Hello! Thanks for dropping by. Please leave a comment, I love to hear your thoughts on my posts and to know you have dropped by. Much love xx

© Ramble On. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig