Friday 11 April 2014

Twelve memorable moments: February

Image from Puma Hotels

So month two and I was going strong with my ideas. It was my mums birthday and I decided to seize the opportunity to do something different, something memorable. I wasn't quite ready for my sky dive but some beauty therapy couldn't go a miss..

Believe it or not but I have never been on a Spa day before. Yes, really. I've gone and had a tan, my nails done but not a proper Spa treatment. So, to celebrate my Mums birthday in style we decided to pamper ourselves.

We found a deal on Travel Zoo, a holiday and mini break deal site. I haven't ever brought anything off these sites before but thought we should give it ago when it was £29pp for access to a spa, treatment and afternoon tea. Being all optimistic we felt there wasn't much to loose.

A nice drive to the Cotswold and we arrived at the country hotel, The Lygon Arms. On arrival to the Spa we were offered our towels and slippers and told that disappointingly no other treatments were available than our pre book massage. Expecting this, we weren't completely disheartened and took into consideration the price we had paid is what we were going to get. We remained positive and ordered a glass of presseco which we drank in a seating area at the top of some spiral staircase (no drinks by the pool).




The pool area wasn't massive; there was limited seating (in which someone removed our towels whilst we were up in the seating area) and the pool was basic. It would have been nice to have some atmospheric music as it did feel like our conversations were clearly heard to everyone else but it was nice enough.

We were approached regarding some last minute facials which after about an hour we were told the beautician had gone home... great.

Stay positive....

The massage we had pre booked was amazing - just what the doctor ordered. Atmospheric music, a full briefing I really needed it. Starting light to firm to begin with I found it hard to adjust and found myself twinging when my pressure points were touched but it was definitely needed and with my tense muscles.

After a bit more relaxing we got dressed and moved across to the hotel bar for our afternoon tea. This was definitely the highlight.

We were served a selection of finger sandwiches and desserts on a plate - ham, cucumber, smoked salmon. Victoria sponge cake, mango dessert and a pot of tea and I was sold.

Overall I think for the value, it was a great deal and a lovely day out which lead to wondering between the country stores in the cotswolds (lots of Cath Kidson and Barbour).

I would definitely recommend using the deals especially if you want to try something different and are short on the cash. One thing I would say is not to go with too many expectations and enjoy it for what it is.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by. Please leave a comment, I love to hear your thoughts on my posts and to know you have dropped by. Much love xx

© Ramble On. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig