Tuesday 15 April 2014

Twelve memorable moments: March

Ok, so I may have pulled a fast one here and cheated a teeny, tiny bit. I didn't actually do this in March. Actually, I am still yet to do it. But I organised it, that can count right?

Truth is, this March I just felt stuck which month three isn't a good sign but I was just so busy I didn't know where to turn. But, low and behold the bargain hunter struck again with Groupon. After Februarys Spa deal I felt more comfortable in trusting these sites so I went in positive and motivated.

I stumbled across a make up course deal for £38, a beautiful 80% discount from the original price of £190. The workshop is with Make Up London Academy and this ladies (and gents) is my memorable moment for March. Make Up Class.
Image courtesy of Make-up London Academy 

When starting my bucket list for 2014 I had a make up course at the top. I really envy people with flawless make up and those who can master the smokey eye or eyeliner flick. Those who understand the difference between primer, foundation and what brush to use or definitely not to. When looking into the courses they were way above my price bracket but I wanted to get some sort of qualification out of it.

When this deal with Make Up London Academy came up it seemed pretty perfect. Three hours at a reasonable rate to get me to test out whether this is something I would like to pursue and invest in a more respected course.

I don't know much about the school apart from it is based between Caledonian Road and Kentish Town, Camden. Being brutally honest, the website isn't very slick and doesn't give me the impression it is anything too serious. But, as they say, don't judge a book by its cover.

The company says 'MLA was founded to bring excelled to the make-up education, by teaching the best make-up techniques in a fun and simple way.' 


Sounds cheap and cheerful and worth a go right?

The workshop is a simple and basic introduction to make up which is something I am up for; I'm not going to pretend I'm a genius with the paint brush, I can apply my make up in the morning and lets be honest, thats it.

I am set up to be introduced to skin care preparation, the perfect base, techniques to long lasting make up. Day and evening looks will be explored,  trends of the season and false eyelash exploration. I will get to use MAC and Bobbi Brown products with some complimentary MAC products to take away (YAY!) Personally, I'd love to nail the smoky eye look so hopefully this is something I can try out with them. The workshop consists of one hour tutorial with two hour to practice.

So, I didn't do it in March but its what I did that lets face it, I probably was too lazy and complacent to not do before. It's an accomplishment and I promise, I will make sure the month I do it in, I'll do something else to.

Until then, stay posted.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by. Please leave a comment, I love to hear your thoughts on my posts and to know you have dropped by. Much love xx

© Ramble On. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig