Sunday 7 October 2012

Sunday Summary: Spending splurges #5

Part 5- are you ready? Writing this all up I can't actually believe how much I spent. I think its safe to say I will be keeping a long 'I want' list these next few months to save my bank balance any more severe dents.

I brought this contrast studded shirt from Missguided after really getting into the buttoned up shirt look. I can tend to be a bit safe with my outfits despite loving more edgier looks. I felt this shirt pushes me gently to that slightly edgier style. Ok so it's hardly anything to most people but when you get stuck in your own style for a while it can be a bit daunting to try something out of your comfort zone. I felt this was a subtle way of making my style a bit more interesting without scaring myself off and feeling all ‘awkward turtle’. Missguided do this in loads of different colour waves but white and black is so wearable so is why I chose this one. Despite coming out quite crystal white in my photos the colour is a bit more off white and to be honest didn't bide well with a cami underneath, I think i'll brave just a bra underneath so not to ruin it.
Contrast Studded Shirt, Missguided, £24.99


I love the stud detail on the cuffs and collar, so simple yet so effective. They aren't the best quality but for a quick fashion fix I think it does the job nicely. At £24.99 with 10% discount for students I think its a pretty good price compared to some other high street labels.





Perfect for drinks out teamed with black skinnys/ black metallic leggings and heels I hope to get a lot of wear out of this in the Christmas season.

I think these Dorna scallop edge pink shorts (also from Missguided) go with this really well. They add some brightness to my winter 'going out' wardrobe'. I will be honest, they were an impulse buy to go with the studded shirt; I just saw them and loved the hot pink and the scalloped edge but I am starting to find impulse buys to be the best - I always end up getting more wear out of them! Not only have I had an unhealthy obsession with shorts but as mentioned before, they are comfortable and so wearable for day or night. They are a bit bright for me for day wear but I thought I might brave it as it would be a great statement look.


Contrast studded shirt £24.99. Dorna scallop pink shorts £17.99. Both from Missguided.co.uk

I don't know if these pieces are still available online. I had a quick look and I couldn't see them I am afraid butI did buy them back in June so it is unlikely - I just havn't had chance to blog about them. Sorry about that, I just thought they were still worth a post as I love the outfit. However, do not fear! Missguided have loads of similar pieces  in stock. They do a lot of styles in numerous colour waves so if you like what I brought it is still worth a look. I have a few more spending splurges posts on Missguided, I just love the affordable fashion, so watch out if you enjoyed this!

For now, happy shopping xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by. Please leave a comment, I love to hear your thoughts on my posts and to know you have dropped by. Much love xx

© Ramble On. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig